This site is archived.
For Alyn's work as MP for Stirling visit

Parliamentary Questions

I use Parliamentary Questions to ask the European Commission or the European Council about issues affecting constituents - often as a result of letters or emails. These allow me to directly question the Council and Commission which can help to ascertain what impact the EU's policies will have upon Scotland, or to provide clarity on any aspect of the EU's daily work.

They often help constituents in Scotland make better use of the opportunities that EU membership offers, for example, by ascertaining how funding for projects can be obtained or finding out how other EU member states are making existing legislation work. As a member of the foreign affairs committee I also use them to question the European External Action Service.

Feel free to contact my office if there are is a subject you think I should submit a question about.

You can see my recent questions below & link through to the Parliament's website for further detail.