An opportunity has arisen in the office of Alyn Smith MEP for the role of a Constituency and Campaigns Assistant, based in Edinburgh. The successful candidate will assist a colleague with the day-to-day running of the office in Edinburgh and progress the various campaigns of the office.
Responsibilities will include:
· Responding to constituency queries both via email and telephone
· Helping Alyn with his work in the constituency
· Telephone enquiries
· Assisting in the organisation of events/trips
· Travel arrangements
· Drafting of call-sheets
· Management of filing system
· Undertaking research as required
The ideal candidate would have a proven interest in European and Scottish politics. An understanding and sympathy for the aims of the Scottish National Party is highly desirable.
· The ability to follow instructions accurately with attention to detail
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Polite and friendly telephone manner and good interpersonal skills
· The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Excellent time management and organisational skills
· Very good IT skills and a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
Upon appointment your working week will be Monday to Friday 9-5pm with additional hours as required. You will have 25 days holiday running from January to December each year with additional public holidays. Salary will be between £17,000-£22,000 depending upon experience plus 10% pension contributions.
Please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is Friday 7th December with interviews taking place the week commencing 17th December.