In the Parliament
As an MEP for the Scottish National Party, my role is to speak up for you in Europe and to speak up for Scotland and Scottish interests, fighting for Scotland to be an independent European country alongside our Irish and Danish neighbours and other small countries like Estonia, Latvia or Finland.
My role is also to make sure that when the EU acts, it does so appropriately, that the legislation we pass is fit for purpose and that the European Commission and the European Council (including David Cameron) are held to account.
As an MEP I am:
- Full Member of the Agriculture and Rural Development Committee;
- Alternate Member of the Industry, Energy and Research Committee;
- Member of the Delegation for relations with the Arab Peninsula;
- Substitute Member of the Delegation for relations with Switzerland, Iceland and Norway and to the European Economic Area (EEA) Joint Parliamentary Committee.
- Gay Scots MEP Blasts Armenia On LGBTI Rights Record
13 July 2012
- Welcome Vote On Energy Efficiency
12 July 2012
- "Clarity & Sense" Needed On EU Offshore Oil & Gas Safety Regulation
11 July 2012
- EU Wide Safety Regulation For Offshore Oil & Gas Would Be Destructive To Industry
10 July 2012
- Alyn Hails Euro Parliament Support For LGBTI Rights In Africa
06 July 2012
- Vion Closure - "Clear Need For Government Intervention"
05 July 2012