Written declarations allow MEPs to make statements on issues that are important to us and our constituents. If at least half of the Parliament's MEPs sign up to support a declaration it becomes an official statement from the Parliament and is sent to the other EU institutions for consideration. We also have parliamentary debates on written declarations.
In 2005, I put forward the only declaration on the Make Poverty History campaign and on the need for action to support Make Poverty History at the world trade talks. In 2007, I also presented two declarations: the first was on conflict diamonds and the Kimberley Process and the second on Brazilian beef imports into the European Union.
Since the last European election in 2009, I have lodged written declarations on limiting the amount of trans fatty acids in food products in the European Union, the Pact of Islands and eggs produced in battery cages.
You can access written declarations on the Parliament website.
- Gay Scots MEP Blasts Armenia On LGBTI Rights Record
13 July 2012
- Welcome Vote On Energy Efficiency
12 July 2012
- "Clarity & Sense" Needed On EU Offshore Oil & Gas Safety Regulation
11 July 2012
- EU Wide Safety Regulation For Offshore Oil & Gas Would Be Destructive To Industry
10 July 2012
- Alyn Hails Euro Parliament Support For LGBTI Rights In Africa
06 July 2012
- Vion Closure - "Clear Need For Government Intervention"
05 July 2012