Agriculture MEP At Highland Show
Mr Smith is midway through his "Ask me, Tell me, Chin me" farming surgery tour of each of the nine NFUS regions, and has been meeting farmers nationwide taking points back to Brussels. Mr Smith will also take part in FWAG Scotland organised events as Honorary President of FWAG Scotland.
Speaking from Strasbourg, looking forward to the show, Smith said:
"The Highland Show is the highlight of the calendar, and I am looking forward to it immensely. There is a real buzz to Scottish agriculture right now and the work of the Scottish government is still winning us friends and allies, and I hope I'm playing my part over the water in Brussels.
"My 'Ask me, tell me, chin me' tour is going well, and I have met a stack of people in the Highlands, Stirling and am looking forward to more meetings yet.
"Just wandering around the show is an education, and I look forward to catching up, formally and perhaps less so too, with folk at the show."
Highlights of his programme are
- 1030 Scottish Government Event on SEARS initiative
4th Avenue; Stand 414
- 1100 Meeting with National Beef Association
Avenue 15; Stand 556
- 1200 FWAG Scotland Event
4th Avenue; Stand 485
- 1400 Meeting with National Sheep Association
Avenue O; Stand 564
- 1500 Meeting with Scottish Renewables
- 1600 Meeting with Scottish Beef Cattle Association
- Gay Scots MEP Blasts Armenia On LGBTI Rights Record
13 July 2012
- Welcome Vote On Energy Efficiency
12 July 2012
- "Clarity & Sense" Needed On EU Offshore Oil & Gas Safety Regulation
11 July 2012
- EU Wide Safety Regulation For Offshore Oil & Gas Would Be Destructive To Industry
10 July 2012
- Alyn Hails Euro Parliament Support For LGBTI Rights In Africa
06 July 2012
- Vion Closure - "Clear Need For Government Intervention"
05 July 2012