Smith Launches European Year Of Volunteering 2011
The campaign launched at Edinburgh Waverly Station by Alyn Smith Scottish MEP and Neil Mitchison, European Commission Representative for Scotland aims to highlight the key benefits to individuals interested in volunteering and hopes to encourage more people in Scotland to volunteer within their community with the hope to see an 11% increase throughout the country this year.
Alyn Smith commented:
"As a volunteer I know that volunteering is an integral part of life, and it is high time that we recognise and mark the fantastic contribution that volunteers make in such a variety of different sectors of society.
"More than 100 million Europeans volunteer for all sorts of things each year, by making 2011 the European Year of Volunteering we can go just a little way to giving all of Europe's volunteers the thanks that they deserve."
- Gay Scots MEP Blasts Armenia On LGBTI Rights Record
13 July 2012
- Welcome Vote On Energy Efficiency
12 July 2012
- "Clarity & Sense" Needed On EU Offshore Oil & Gas Safety Regulation
11 July 2012
- EU Wide Safety Regulation For Offshore Oil & Gas Would Be Destructive To Industry
10 July 2012
- Alyn Hails Euro Parliament Support For LGBTI Rights In Africa
06 July 2012
- Vion Closure - "Clear Need For Government Intervention"
05 July 2012