Smith Calls On Brown To Intervene To Protect Scottish Businesses And Jobs
Commenting today, he said:
"Scottish businesses are being put under real pressure by the actions of KPMG. It is clear from the report that these businesses are viable going concerns. It would be farce if they were endangered by the irresponsible actions of the administrator.
"The interim report begs two crucial questions the government and Gordon Brown have to answer. The first is that given the report clearly states that these assets are ‘high quality', as opposed to ‘toxic', why was it necessary to put Dunfermline into administration in the first place? And the second is why he is allowing KPMG to act in a manner which is clearly jeopardising Scottish business and Scottish jobs?"
"Gordon Brown has to take action today to protect Scottish jobs and Scottish businesses and answer in the light of this report why he took such a precipitous and risky action in the first place."
- Gay Scots MEP Blasts Armenia On LGBTI Rights Record
13 July 2012
- Welcome Vote On Energy Efficiency
12 July 2012
- "Clarity & Sense" Needed On EU Offshore Oil & Gas Safety Regulation
11 July 2012
- EU Wide Safety Regulation For Offshore Oil & Gas Would Be Destructive To Industry
10 July 2012
- Alyn Hails Euro Parliament Support For LGBTI Rights In Africa
06 July 2012
- Vion Closure - "Clear Need For Government Intervention"
05 July 2012