MEP comments on Norwegian Seal culling
The idea has been put forward by SNP MEP Alyn Smith. Mr Smith has been reported to have suggested that any cull could be marketed as a tourist attraction as it has been in Norway. However, Mr Smith believes that he has been misrepresented and is against using a cull to attract tourists. Alyn Smith MEP comments on his belief that a cull should be considered as a means to reduce rising seal numbers but states that any attempt to market the a cull as an attraction would be in contradiction to the recent ban on hunting with foxes.
BBC Radio Orkney
- Gay Scots MEP Blasts Armenia On LGBTI Rights Record
13 July 2012
- Welcome Vote On Energy Efficiency
12 July 2012
- "Clarity & Sense" Needed On EU Offshore Oil & Gas Safety Regulation
11 July 2012
- EU Wide Safety Regulation For Offshore Oil & Gas Would Be Destructive To Industry
10 July 2012
- Alyn Hails Euro Parliament Support For LGBTI Rights In Africa
06 July 2012
- Vion Closure - "Clear Need For Government Intervention"
05 July 2012