MEP Addresses Muirhead Seniors Forum
Mr Smith had been invited to speak to the forum about his role as amember of the European Parliament and about European politicalissues.
Speaking after the meeting Mr Smith said
"Europe is a lot more relevant to people's lives than they think andcan do a lot of good. The European Parliament has regular meetingsto discuss issues affecting older people.
"The Parliament is also responsible for issues like encouraginggovernments to improve building standards to help cut high fuel billsand ensuring that older people don't face any kind of discriminationaccessing services or getting work if they want it.
"I've had a very enjoyable afternoon in Muirhead and find itencouraging that people are interested in what I, as an MEP, actuallydo in the European Parliament. There was some great discussion andconversation with members of the Forum and I look forward to meetingthem again."
- Gay Scots MEP Blasts Armenia On LGBTI Rights Record
13 July 2012
- Welcome Vote On Energy Efficiency
12 July 2012
- "Clarity & Sense" Needed On EU Offshore Oil & Gas Safety Regulation
11 July 2012
- EU Wide Safety Regulation For Offshore Oil & Gas Would Be Destructive To Industry
10 July 2012
- Alyn Hails Euro Parliament Support For LGBTI Rights In Africa
06 July 2012
- Vion Closure - "Clear Need For Government Intervention"
05 July 2012