MEP Congratulates Winners of 2006 Scots Trad Music Awards
Mr Smith attended the awards ceremony in Fort William on Saturday 2nd of December.
Speaking at the event Mr Smith said,
"This has been a fantastic event and it's been a pleasure to attend. The organisers have done a brilliant job and I take my hat off to everyone involved in bringing the awards ceremony together.
"The winners in every category faced stiff competition from the other nominees and it shows that traditional music in Scotland is very much alive and kicking.
"What is most encouraging is the wealth of new talent breaking into the industry. Jenna Cummings and the Kintyre Schools Pipe Band demonstrate that the industry has a promising future."
Mr Smith continued,
"Traditional music is one of Scotland's biggest exports and if you look through the achievements of all the acts involved in these awards the impact they've made on the world stage is immense.
"I look forward to the awards returning to Fort William next year as part of the 2007 Year of Highland Culture."
2006 Scottish Trad Music Awards can be found at:
- Gay Scots MEP Blasts Armenia On LGBTI Rights Record
13 July 2012
- Welcome Vote On Energy Efficiency
12 July 2012
- "Clarity & Sense" Needed On EU Offshore Oil & Gas Safety Regulation
11 July 2012
- EU Wide Safety Regulation For Offshore Oil & Gas Would Be Destructive To Industry
10 July 2012
- Alyn Hails Euro Parliament Support For LGBTI Rights In Africa
06 July 2012
- Vion Closure - "Clear Need For Government Intervention"
05 July 2012