Animal Rescue is Latest Career Move for MEP
Mr Smith, who spends two weeks every summer working in industries across Scotland, is to spend the day at the SSPCA's Lothian Animal Welfare Centre in Balerno.
He will be looking after rescued animals in the morning and joining local investigators in the afternoon to assess potential cases of animal cruelty.
Speaking as he headed to the final European Parliament session beforerecess Mr Smith said:
"I always enjoy my summer work experience. The opportunity to leave the office and the committee rooms and get out meeting people, seeing how the EU affects their work and how we can help them is one of the best parts of the job.
"The SSPCA do a fantastic job and it will be a great privilege to work with them."We are a nation of animal lovers but too often animals are left, neglected or abandoned and the SSPCA has to step in and help out."
- Gay Scots MEP Blasts Armenia On LGBTI Rights Record
13 July 2012
- Welcome Vote On Energy Efficiency
12 July 2012
- "Clarity & Sense" Needed On EU Offshore Oil & Gas Safety Regulation
11 July 2012
- EU Wide Safety Regulation For Offshore Oil & Gas Would Be Destructive To Industry
10 July 2012
- Alyn Hails Euro Parliament Support For LGBTI Rights In Africa
06 July 2012
- Vion Closure - "Clear Need For Government Intervention"
05 July 2012