SNP MEP Gets Grilling From St Mary's School Youngsters
Mr Smith received a number of questions ranging from new countries joining the European Union, to the importance of developing renewable energies.
Alyn Smith said:
"This was a great opportunity to not only have a chat about the importance of Europe and the work of an MEP, but also to hear their views and concerns about issues as wide and varied as everything from climate change to the euro.
"I was thoroughly impressed with the questions, and had to give my answers real thought, as this was no easy crowd to please. This lot had certainly done their homework on Europe, so I was really put to the test.
"It was a real pleasure to come along and meet the students of St Mary's, and I'm sure they will all go far."
- Gay Scots MEP Blasts Armenia On LGBTI Rights Record
13 July 2012
- Welcome Vote On Energy Efficiency
12 July 2012
- "Clarity & Sense" Needed On EU Offshore Oil & Gas Safety Regulation
11 July 2012
- EU Wide Safety Regulation For Offshore Oil & Gas Would Be Destructive To Industry
10 July 2012
- Alyn Hails Euro Parliament Support For LGBTI Rights In Africa
06 July 2012
- Vion Closure - "Clear Need For Government Intervention"
05 July 2012